Cleanroom Ceiling Systems
BASX Fan Filter Units are typically used in place of a conventional recirculating air unit due to space height restrictions and are often installed in a ceiling grid system or suspended from a support structure. Recirculated air is purified through a prefilter installed on the top and blown through a HEPA or ULPA filter into a cleanroom.
- Meets ISO standards for airflow velocity and air exchange per hour.
- FFUs can be used in palce of more conventional recirculating air units like a ducted or plenum air system.
- Ideal in cleanroom ceiling grids with height restrictions or smaller internal floor dimensions.
- Considered less expensive than a ducted system using a fan-powered HEPA filter.
- FFUs are a lightweight option that can be placed directly in a free-standing grid above a workspace.
- Allow a quiet working environment.