Brocade Case Study
BROCADE DEPLOYS 240 CMS 10-TON IN-ROW COOLING UNITS FOR SCALABILITY AND AN 80% EFFICIENCY GAIN OVER STANDARD 'CATALOG' UNITS
First Look: New CMS In-Row Cooling Unit
Industry-leading network solutions provider, Brocade, had a combination space consisting of IT data center floor and R&D lab space. They needed a cooling solution that was not only efficient, but they also needed the solution to scale from 3kW to 8kW per cabinet across the 75,000sf of IT and R&D space.
Fan energy savings increased by as much as 567 percent through the utilization of custom IRCs rather than standard IRC units or conventional donwflow CRAH units.
In this case study, find out how Brocade, using CMS custom, high-efficiency in-row chilled-water CRAH units, implemented the following cooling strategy:
- Isolating the hot aisle and preventing mixing and contamination
- Using server inlet temperature sensors to control the IRC units and the environment dynamically
- Incorporating water-side economizing with a high-efficiency chiller plant
- Implementing primary-only, variable-flow chilled water pumping
- Incorporating variable condenser water flow and condenser water reset capabilities